It has been a really long time since I last attempted to do anything with this blog despite my constant thoughts about said blog. As this new year begins I’ve decided that 2018 is the year I shall attempt to give life to this blog.
I decided a good first post would be my favorites of 2017. This list is on anything new I watched, read, or listened to this year regardless of its release date and because I don’t want this to be a lengthy post, I won’t go into detail for every single thing, except for my #1 for each topic which I will reserve as last on each list. On some of these I also couldn’t just keep a top 4 so there’s quite a few thanks to my unwillingness to give the axe to any 😭
Without further ado, here’s my favorites of 2017!
As a warning for this category, I did a horrible job at keeping track of movies I watched this year and so had trouble recalling the ones that I did. I also haven’t watched any movies that came out recently (The Last Jedi, Coco, and The Greatest Showman, for example) due to my anxiety involving movie theaters 😦
In no particular order:
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2
- Spider-Man Homecoming
- Rogue One
- Get Out
- Thor Ragnarok
- When Harry Met Sally
- This movie is by no means superior to all the others, but for whatever reason I fell in love with it and is one of my absolute favorite movies ever. Heathers comes really close to my love for this one and both are two of my most rewatched movies this year.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- All I have to say about this show is that Mac and Dennis Move to the Suburbs is a masterpiece. A MASTERPIECE!!!!!! I guess I’ll say a little more just because. This show had me laughing my butt off to the point where if Community wasn’t so damn funny, this show would’ve dethroned it as my all time favorite.
Favorite Albums + Favorite Songs from each:
- Harry Styles – Harry Styles
- From the Dining Table
- Sign of the Times
- Dangerous Woman – Ariana Grande
- Thinking Bout You
- Leave Me Lonely
- Glory Days – Little Mix
- Your Love
- Dopamine – BØRNS
- Electric Love
- Past Lives
- The Emotion
- The whole album really lol this one was my favorite out of all of them!
- Get Low – Zedd x Liam Payne
- Havana – Camila Cabello feat. Young Thug
- Bad Liar – Selena Gomez
- Flicker – Niall Horan
- Supercut – Lorde
- Love on the Brain – Rihanna
- Kiwi – Harry Styles
- Dusk Till Dawn – Zayn feat. Sia
- Be the One – Dua Lipa
- Electric Love – BØRNS
Electric Love is by far my favorite and also my most listened to song of 2017, but all of these songs were at one point or another on repeat. If it weren’t for Electric Love, I wouldn’t have been able to decide on a favorite.
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher
- Hyperole and a Half by Allie Brosh
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
I didn’t read that much this year (15 books), unfortunately due to to my reading slump, but the few I did were so good. I don’t have a #1 because each one of these were great in their own right, but The Hate U Give was by far the most impacting of the four.
So that’s my favorites of 2017! I’m really awkward at endings so Happy New Year! Until next time, bye!